The Illinois Council of the Blind (ICB) relies on generous individuals like you to help us raise funds. Funds are needed to:
- Maintain our Dots for Tots program, which provides free Braille, Braille/Print and Large Print books to children across Illinois to encourage reading.
- Produce and distribute The Illinois Braille Messenger, ICB’s quarterly newsletter which provides a wealth of informational and entertaining reading to people who are blind or visually impaired.
- Award an annual scholarship to a deserving student who is blind or visually impaired in order to help them pursue their dreams.
- Advocate with the Illinois Legislature, Illinois Bureau of Blind Services and other Governmental agencies so they understand how people who are blind or visually impaired are affected by a number of issues, such as changes in state support of rehabilitation programs.
- Participate in the work of our parent organization, The American Council of the Blind, and
- carry out various programs to meet our objectives which include improving the quality of life for Illinois’ citizens who are blind or visually impaired.
There are several ways you can help ICB in its work. These include:
- Make a tax deductible donation to ICB. You can send a check to:
Illinois Council of the Blind
PO Box 1336
Springfield, IL 62705-1336
Click here to donate on-line using PayPal, no PayPal account needed. ICB is a 501(C)(3) tax exempt organization under the Internal Revenue code of the United States.
- Join the American Council of the Blind Monthly Monetary Support (MMS) Program. When you join this program, you not only are helping our parent organization, but you can designate up to 50% of your contributions to go to an ACB affiliate of your choice, and we encourage you to choose ICB.
- Support ICB through our Go Fund Me page.
- Support ICB when shopping at Amazon through smile.amazon.com. Simply select ICB at checkout as the charitable organization you are supporting.